On this full day, you will go to visit the colonial zone where you will discover:
– Casa Colon, first fortified palace of the new world
– The museum “Casas Reales” where you will see the different trips of Christopher Columbus and can see items of the past centuries
– The pantheon: originally a church, then a tobacco factory and then a theater, the pantheon is now the place where are the people who played an important role in the history of the Dominican Republic
– The fortress: first military building of the time of the Colony
We will then go to lunch a typical Dominican meal, in a restaurant located in the Colonial Zone.
After lunch, we will walk in the Conde Street, famous for its many shops … which will give you the opportunity to buy souvenirs (Larimar, Cigars …)
The afternoon will be dedicated to the visit of the historical center of Rhum Barcelo located at 1 hour from Santo Domingo, in the city of San Pedro de Macoris.
Here you will discover the process of making local rum and visit the museum retracing the history of sugar cane.
Tasting time planned at the end of the visit … what better to understand why the rum Barcelo was elected best rum of the world during 2 consecutive years !!!
A taxi will pick you up in front of your hotel:
CANOA Hotel: 7:30 am
IBEROSTAR Hotel: 7:30 am
DREAMS DOMINICUS Hotel: 7:30 am
CATALONIA Hotel: 7:30 am
VIVA BEACH Hotel and PALACE Hotel: 7:35 am
HILTON LA ROMANA Hotel: 7:40 am
Time of return to the hotel:
17:00 – 17:30 pm
- Bottle of water
What to bring with you:
- Sport shoes.
- Clothing covering the shoulders for visiting historic sites and for women no pants or skirt above the knee.
- Solar product.
- Money to buy souvenirs during free time or at the Rum Museum.